BIRD CONTROL SERVICES
IFC has a professional staff capable of assessing a pest bird situation and implementing the most appropriate deterrent measures for large and small projects.
THE CHALLENGE FOR THE FOOD INDUSTRY
The fundamental requirements that birds have are the same as other pests – for example, food, water, and harborage. Many food processing facilities offer all three in abundance as well as other factors that can attract birds, including:
Spillage of grain, flour or other ingredients from the roof-top all the way down to surrounding grounds.
Very tall structures such as grain elevators or towering buildings that naturally appeal to cliff-dwelling birds like pigeons.
Covered roof areas with good exposures for flocking birds to find sun or shade.
BIRD CONTROL SERVICES FOR FACILITIES
WHY BIRD CONTROL IS IMPORTANT
- Health Risk – Bird droppings contain feces, urine and can carry about 60 different pathogens – birds are vectors of disease.
- Building and Equipment Damage – Bird droppings are highly acidic and they etch their image into surfaces.
- Clean-up Costs – Eliminate time consuming and costly pressure washing by eliminating the source.
- Safety – Bird droppings, when fresh, are slippery and are thus a slip and fall hazard when people walk through them.
- Rooftop Issues – Bird Droppings damage and degrade today’s expensive rooftop materials. Nesting materials can clog equipment air intakes and exhausts as well as drains.
- Audit Flags – “Dirty on the outside, dirty on the inside.”
HOW IFC CAN HELP WITH BIRD CONTROL:
- Pest Bird Facility Risk Assessments
- Product Sales for Do-It-Yourself Jobs
- Proposals for Professional Work
- Installed Solutions
- Safe and humane solutions.
- Integrated Pest Management based – the bird, the building and the behavior are all taken into account
- The best professional grade materials and the know-how to select the right products and plan for each situation.
- Expert workmanship
- Guaranteed results
Bird Control RESOURCES
Top 6 Sanitation Solutions
1. GET YOUR MASTER SANITATION SCHEDULE UPDATED AND FUNCTIONAL Master Sanitation Schedules are fundamental components of sanitation programs. From a pest management perspective Master Sanitation Schedules eliminate pest food and harborage, and cleaning schedules...
Pest-free Shipping and the FDA’s Sanitary Transportation Rule
Food processors work hard to ensure the safety of food products throughout the supply chain. However, that supply chain can involve great distances ingredients or finished food must travel, not to mention lots of hand-offs along the way that can pose unique challenges...
Bird Management for Food Processors
Essentials of Bird Management for Food Processors Birds present some of the greatest challenges in pest management. The intelligence, vision, and flight mobility of birds make them a tough competitor. But, many people – including food facility employees – have a...