BIRD CONTROL SERVICES
IFC has a professional staff capable of assessing a pest bird situation and implementing the most appropriate deterrent measures for large and small projects.
THE CHALLENGE FOR THE FOOD INDUSTRY
The fundamental requirements that birds have are the same as other pests – for example, food, water, and harborage. Many food processing facilities offer all three in abundance as well as other factors that can attract birds, including:
Spillage of grain, flour or other ingredients from the roof-top all the way down to surrounding grounds.
Very tall structures such as grain elevators or towering buildings that naturally appeal to cliff-dwelling birds like pigeons.
Covered roof areas with good exposures for flocking birds to find sun or shade.
BIRD CONTROL SERVICES FOR FACILITIES
WHY BIRD CONTROL IS IMPORTANT
- Health Risk – Bird droppings contain feces, urine and can carry about 60 different pathogens – birds are vectors of disease.
- Building and Equipment Damage – Bird droppings are highly acidic and they etch their image into surfaces.
- Clean-up Costs – Eliminate time consuming and costly pressure washing by eliminating the source.
- Safety – Bird droppings, when fresh, are slippery and are thus a slip and fall hazard when people walk through them.
- Rooftop Issues – Bird Droppings damage and degrade today’s expensive rooftop materials. Nesting materials can clog equipment air intakes and exhausts as well as drains.
- Audit Flags – “Dirty on the outside, dirty on the inside.”
HOW IFC CAN HELP WITH BIRD CONTROL:
- Pest Bird Facility Risk Assessments
- Product Sales for Do-It-Yourself Jobs
- Proposals for Professional Work
- Installed Solutions
- Safe and humane solutions.
- Integrated Pest Management based – the bird, the building and the behavior are all taken into account
- The best professional grade materials and the know-how to select the right products and plan for each situation.
- Expert workmanship
- Guaranteed results
Bird Control RESOURCES
IPM-Based Prevention Tips for Sanitation and Maintenance
Emphasis for pest management is increasingly focused on prevention rather than reaction measures. Of course, one will still need to react if some level of infestation is discovered, and it will be best to discover and correct situations as early as possible....
Birds: A Flying, Nesting Risk for your Facility
Birds may be the most difficult of all pests to confront in the food industry, yet the need tocontrol them is essential for food safety and audit compliance. Birds, including their droppings, feathers and nesting materials, carry about 60 different pathogens of...